The Essential Oil man
Even the manliest of men can benefit from using essential oils in their everyday lives. Not only can they clean tools with them, they are useful for body care and relaxing after a stressful day.
This article has been created with men in mind, to assist men in understanding how doTERRA can improve the quality of their lives and overall health.
If you are a woman reading this, you may find some helpful ideas for putting together a gift kit for a man in your life, especially since men can be notoriously difficult to buy gifts for and can sometimes use some assistance in finding the right products to take care of themselves with.
Every bloke needs lemon essential oil!
- Use Lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil and grease stains, sticky residue, or to prevent rust and loosen screws that have rusted.
- Add 2 or 3 drops on to a rag to remove grime from tools and make them look as good as new.
- Use Tea Tree and Lemon essential oil to clean a car battery and polish chrome wheels.
- Get rid of stale smells in your car and toolbox by using these oils
- Use Lemon with a bit of Tea Tree essential oil to clean a car battery and also to polish chrome wheels.
Maintain your personal hygiene in a masculine way using doTERRA!
Clean Mouth, Fresh Breath
- Use On Guard Toothpaste every day to make sure that you have fresh breath and to ensure that you experience the protective benefits of the essential oils found in the On Guard Blend.
- Carry some Peppermint Beadlet for instant fresh breath and confidence on the go.
- Add a couple of drops of On Guard, Tea Tree and Peppermint essential oils to a glass of water for a refreshing and hygienic mouth rinse.
For the man who is proud of his facial hair, Root to Tip Serum is the best to soothe and smooth facial skin and hair. Smells great too!
Apply Tea Tree and Oregano at the edge of the toenail 2 times daily. This recipe can be mixed up sometimes by sometimes changing the oil to either Lemongrass, Clove, Frankincense and Lemon.
Mix some Tea Tree and Lavender essential oils with some Fractionated Coconut Oil after shaving to soothe and moisturise irritated skin. Also useful for assisting in acne control.
- Add a few drops of Purify, Peppermint, or any citrus essential oils onto a paper towel or used dryer sheet, scrunch and place in your shoes overnight.
- If you need instant odour control, try Tea Tree oil, even making a spray out of it. It is often bacteria that creates odours.
- If you experience foot pain due to standing for long periods, some lavender oil in your shoes will help relax the muscles.
- A hot foot bath with some Lavender and Peppermint essential oil will also relieve tired feet. Add some Epsom salts if they’re on hand.
Lifestyle & Health
Men work hard and need a strong, healthy body to get through the day and accomplish all that they do. Even more so if they are the main bread winner and have young children to play with at the end of a hard days’ work.
When a man takes care of his overall health it will give him the strength an energy he needs to work, play and be the best man he can be.
- Lifelong Vitality is a nutritional powerhouse for providing your body with the essential nutrients it needs.
- Support your body at a cellular level with DDR Prime.
There is no need to consume endless energy drinks (which deplete you in the long run and are full of sugar), take some Mito2Max when you need an extra push of energy and stamina without the harmful stimulants. Useful for any type of physical activity, from work to sport.
Tension and Anxiety
Apply some Past Tense on your temples or neck for some comforting relief.
Also, essential oil blends of lavender, Ylang Ylang, Rose, Jasmine, Bergamot, Clary Sage or Neroli. Try a blend using just 2 or 3 of these oils, you choose the combo.
When feeling blue, Jasmine and Bergamot together can assist in creating a more uplifted mood.
A blend Lemongrass, Deep Blue and Peppermint after a long day of work, manual labor or physical activity will help relax you with a manly smell.
Take TerraZyme with every meal to promote healthy digestion, especially after eating a protein-heavy meal.
If a food choice turns out to be an uncomfortable one, DigestZen Softgel can help ease indigestion and an upset stomach.
Applying Lavender or Serenity to the bottom of feet before bedtime can assist in a long and relaxing sleep.
Masculine Diffuser Blends
Add 2-4 drops of the following essential oil blends in the diffuser while working in the garage or office, watching sport or hanging out with your friends.
- Wintergreen and Cedarwood for confidence and self esteem.
- Cypress and White Fir for a sense of empowerment
- Peppermint or Melissa for a sense of alertness
- Lemongrass for a general household aroma that most men enjoy
- Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang to get in the mood for romance.
For more handy DIY tips with essential oils around the house, you can check our weekly posts on Facebook.
Or check out more recipes on our blog page HERE.
doTERRA Spring 2014 Living Magazine