Cleaning your diffuser regularly assists in ensuring that it functions correctly and that it will last you many years of use.
To Clean your doTERRA Cloud diffuser:
- Clean the nozzle before using different oils
- Rinse the nozzle with water, for a deep clean, submerge the top in rubbing alcohol (available at Woolworths, Coles and Bunnings), for 45 minutes. Alternatively you can use the more inexpensive hydrogen peroxide.
- Wipe clean with a dry cloth afterwards.
To clean your Petal diffuser:
- Make sure that your diffuser is unplugged.
- When removing excess water from the tank, pour from the rear of the diffuser to lower the risk that you will spill water on the operating buttons.
- Clean the inside and the outside of the water tank with a small amount of detergent or with a small sponge. Avoid using any harsh cleaners on your diffuser.
- Rinse the detergent residue out, then dry with a dry cloth.
- Use a cotton bud dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the ultrasonic mist chip found inside the water tank.
Deep Clean (recommended once a month)
This monthly process is necessary to make sure that the oil residue doesn’t build up in your machine, which will prevent it from running properly. Now and then it is a good idea to run your diffuser through a cleaning cycle. If you use your diffuser daily or almost daily, then giving it a deep clean every month is a good idea. To do so, you need to do the following:
- Fill your diffuser tank halfway with clean water
- Add 10 drops of white vinegar.
- Let the diffuser run for about 5 minutes or so to allow the water-vinegar mixture to pass through the unit and clean it.
- Empty the unit completely.
- Using a cotton bud dipped in vinegar, clean the light spots and the corners of the diffuser.
- Rinse clean with water.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe the diffuser and dry it thoroughly.
Your unit is now good to go! Happy diffusing.